This is a piece I did in DazStudio 3 of The Bill Collectors. A piece like this ends up taking multiple renders to get everything the way I want it.
I made the snow in Photoshop, though. I actually had a “snow tool” that I had bought from Daz, but I just didn’t like the results it was giving me so I decided to take the easy way out and Photoshop it in.
The ground should have more detail in it, but using the technique that I did for this one caused some detail to be lost at certain camera angles. I didn’t fully realize why this was happening until a few weeks after I finished this one.
Anyway, I was still learning some of the ins and outs of working with the sets and adjusting the materials and props, but I did like the way it came out.
Below is a screenshot of the working file in DazStudio.
This is a “from above” view. The dead mercenaries are not in this shot. I actually rendered them separately. I discovered that having too many figures in the scene would cause a lot of lag in the program and even worse cause save times to balloon astronomically - I’m talking 2-hour saves here. Some people on the forums reported even longer than that.
So breaking up the scene was the only was to circumvent that. This one turned out to be easy. My next Bill Collectors piece ended up becoming a huge ordeal. Stay tuned.
Previous Post: Installing the Yafaray renderer on the Mac »
Next Post: Render Filters in Blender 3D »